Joe is a dedicated trial attorney with first-chair experience in both Kansas and Missouri. Joe has successfully represented clients against some of the largest companies in the United States, including:
- Ford Motor Co.
- General Motors
- Toyota Motor Corp.
- FCA US, LLC (Stellantis)
- Mazda Motor Co.
- AVIS Car Rental
- Time Warner Cable (Spectrum)
- Laclede Gas (Spire Energy)
- Landstar Trucking
- Medtronic, Inc.
In 2021, Joe and co-counsel Eric Mitchell obtained the 4th largest bench award in Missouri, a $13,500,000 judgment in Cass County for a death caused by a drunk-driving military police officer. Joe has also helped clients obtain multiple six-figure settlements from the Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas, as well as a $900,000 settlement against an officer of the Wichita Police Department.
Joe has been involved in multi-district litigation (MDLs) involving Roundup, GM ignition switches, hernia and transvaginal mesh, artificial knees and hips, IVC filters, and Xarelto.
Prior to switching his practice to represent solely plaintiffs, Joe worked for an insurance defense firm where he represented clients insured by State Farm, Allstate, BITCO, Travelers, American Family, and many others. This experience is incredibly valuable in dealing with insurance companies when representing injured clients.
Volunteer Work and Life Outside the Office
When Joe takes a break from running his firm, he regularly volunteers with various community organizations to increase Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the law, as well as access to legal resources. Joe is a mentor with the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Foundation's Student Law Academy, in both the Legal Pathways program and the Job Shadow program. Joe also participates in the KCMBA's Ask-a-Lawyer Telethon.
Joe also enjoys spending time with his wife, son, and Belgian Malinois. Joe is the second child of five, and he feels fortunate to be part of a large family with Midwestern roots. Joe recently grew a mustache, perhaps from watching too much Yellowstone.
- University of Kansas School of Law
- Honors: Articles Editor for the Kansas Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Honors: Payne & Jones Award Winner for Oral Advocacy
- Honors: CALI Award Winner – Criminal Procedure
- University of Kansas
- Honors: Summerfield Scholarship Recipient – four-year full academic scholarship
- Honors: Phi Delta Theta, Vice President
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Employment Law
- Consumer Protection
- Construction Defect
- Civil Rights
- Medical Malpractice
- Mass Tort
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi, pro hac vice
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, pro hac vice
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association Amicus Curiae Committee Member
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association Legislative Executive Committee Member
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association Civil Justice PAC Executive Committee Member
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys